Chris M. Givens, Esq.
Chris Givens is a lifelong Tampa resident and grew up in the local community. After graduating from high school, Chris attended the University of Florida where he was a student in the Honors Program and earned a bachelor’s in Political Science. Chris then studied law at Boston University School of Law and graduated from the Florida State University College of Law. While in Tallahassee, Chris worked in a civil litigation firm and FSU's Criminal Justice Program, where he tried 5 jury trials as a law student.
After law school, Chris worked as an Assistant State Attorney in Hillsborough County, Florida, where he tried a multitude of felonies and misdemeanors. Chris left the State Attorney's Office to join the firm of Knox and Givens, where he represented clients in civil litigation, family law, criminal defense, and domestic violence cases. Chris Givens was included in the list of Rising Stars℠ by Super Lawyers® (2013-2016). The selection was based on peer evaluations and other criteria that distinguish up and coming ATTORNEYS in their respective practice of law.
At Givens, Givens & Sparks, Chris has achieved substantial results for his clients in the areas of personal injury, first party insurance, and family law. In the past few years, Chris has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of his clients, helping them achieve both personal and financial stability.
Today, Chris's practice focuses on cases involving injuries resulting from auto accidents, slip and fall accidents, trucking accidents, motorcycle accidents and first party insurance litigation. He also provides seasoned family law litigation on behalf of clients who need to protect their loved ones. Chris is an active member of Palma Ceia Presbyterian Church in Tampa, Florida.
Quick Facts About Chris Givens
- University of Florida - Bachelor of Sciences, Political Science - 1999
- Florida State University College of Law - Juris Doctorate - 2003
State Courts of Florida
Selected Honors & Memberships
- Named "Nation's Top One Percent" 2015 by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Named to Super Lawyers® "Rising Stars℠" (2013-2016)
- Member, Florida Bar Association
- Member, Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member, Florida Justice Association
- Member, Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Member, Family Law Inn of Tampa
- Member, Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Counsel
Experience & Advocacy
- Assistant State Attorney for the 13 th Judicial Circuit – 2003-2005
- Knox & Givens, PA – 2005-2009
- Givens Givens Sparks – 2009 – present
- Co-author, Alimony chapter, Florida Dissolution of Marriage, The Florida State Bar Continuing Legal Education; Seventh Edition (2006), Eighth Edition (2008), Ninth Edition (2009), Tenth Edition (2010)
- Co-author, Modification of Child Support chapter, Florida Proceedings After Dissolution of Marriage, The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education; Ninth Edition (2009)
Family Law Practice Areas
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Property Division
- Recovery of ATTORNEYS Fees & Costs
- Modification Actions
- Family Law Enforcement Actions
- Enforcement and Defense of Domestic Violence Injunctions
Personal Injury Practice Areas