Ellen D. Ostman
When it comes to experience and expertise, few ATTORNEYS can match the personal and professional history of Ellen D. Ostman. For nearly 40 years, she has provided her clients with the highest quality of family law advocacy, guiding thousands of families through the most difficult crisis of their lives. As a result, she is uniquely qualified to handle any family law situation, no matter how severe or critical.
For more than 20 years, Ellen has been Board Certified by the Florida State Bar, meaning she has been officially recognizes as a legal specialist. Her expertise in Family Law makes her an incredible asset to her clients, equipping her to protect their interests with equal parts compassion and relentlessness.
Her expertise in Family Law has allowed Ellen to serve in numerous high-profile cases. Ellen excels in high-stakes situations, helping her clients endure the pressure with grace and kindness. Notably, some of her past cases have become the subjects of made-for-TV movies and exposés.
Attorney Ostman has a passion for the rights and needs of families. She once served on the Board of Directors for an organization called The Spring, a shelter for abused and battered women and children. She has also been a child support hearing officer and author, producing a book titled Dear Client that helps people going through the divorce process. When you need a family attorney with equal parts conviction and skill, who will stand by your family as though you were her own, put your trust in Ellen Ostman.
Quick Facts About Ellen D. Ostman
- University of South Florida - Bachelor of Arts in Finance, Magna Cum Laude - 1974
- University of Florida College of Law - Juris Doctorate - 1977
- State Courts of Florida
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida
Selected Honors & Memberships
- Board Certified by the Florida Supreme Court for over 20 years
- Former member of the Board of Directors for The Spring, a shelter for abused women and children
- Named to Super Lawyers® (2006, 2014 - 2016)
- Member of the Family Law Inn of Tampa Past
- Member of Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Counsel
Experience & Advocacy
- Former Child Support Hearing Officer - 1991 - 1995
- Former Traffic Magistrate - 1990 - 1998
- Sole Practitioner for over 25 years
- Author of "Dear Client" A Complete Handbook for Understanding and Surviving Your Legal Divorce Process (Axelrod 1996)
- Speaker for the National Business Institute
- Co-Author of Injunctions for Protection, Chapter 741 of the Florida Statutes in 1982. Florida was the second state in the United States to pass this kind of legislation.
Ms. Ostman has been involved in several high-profile and controversial cases, some resulting in made-for-TV movies and the subject of TV exposés.