Robert D. Sparks, Esq.
Born and raised in Tampa, Robert Sparks attended Saint Leo University, where he earned a degree in Business Administration while playing collegiate baseball.
A relentless work ethic and competitive edge attracted Robert to become interested in a law career, and he pursued that calling at Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center. While at Nova, Robert was selected to the Moot Court Honor Society, one of the most prestigious and active societies of the Shepard Broad Law Center, which honors students in trial and appellate level advocacy.
Trial Experience on Both Sides of the Courtroom
After graduating from law school, Robert served as an Assistant State Attorney, where he prosecuted criminal cases for the Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office. As a prosecutor, Robert honed his trial skills trying over 30 jury trials and countless non-jury trials.
Robert’s litigation skill was quickly noticed and he was hired by one of Florida's largest insurance defense firms, where he gained a wide array of experience in civil trial law. His caseload included representing insurance companies in causes of actions related to nursing home abuse, personal injury, premises liability and first-party insurance disputes.
Rapid Growth in Many Types of Trial Law
With a variety of legal cases on his resume, Robert partnered with his friend, Chris Givens, and his mentor, Stann Givens, to form Givens, Givens & Sparks. The Givens Givens Sparks team of ATTORNEYS focuses on insurance claims and disputes, personal injury, wrongful death, nursing home abuse, product liability, premises liability, and matrimonial litigation. Robert is the lead trial attorney for the personal injury division, which has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of its clients in both state and federal courts.
Quick Facts About Robert Sparks
- Saint Leo University — Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center — Juris Doctorate
Experience & Advocacy
- Givens Divorce Law Group (now Givens Givens Sparks)
- Former Assistant State Attorney, Hillsborough County State ATTORNEYS’ Office
- Former Associate at Insurance Defense Law Firm, Cole, Scott, Kissane, P.A.
- Over 25 Jury Trials
- Countless Non-Jury Trials
- Countless Substantive Motion Hearings
Selected Honors & Memberships
- Super Lawyers (2016)
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®
- Moot Court Honor Society; Honored for Academic and Trial Advocacy
- Hillsborough County Bar Association; Family Law and Criminal Sections
- Florida Bar Association
- Member, Florida Association of Public Insurance Adjusters
- Member of Hillsborough County Family Law Executive Counsel
- Supreme Court of Florida
- State Courts of Florida
- Federal Middle District Court of Florida
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Claims & Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Product Liability
- Premises Liability