Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Posted By Christian Givens || Jul 19, 2013
Allstate insurance's website includes some sobering statistics regarding motorcycle accidents. On the page, it states that 46% of all motorcycle crashes occur at intersections. It also states that, on average, three motorcyclists are killed every day in the United States as a result of multi-vehicle crashes at intersections.
Some of the tips listed on the site for safer operation of motorcycles include:
- Test the lights, brakes and turn signals
- Check the oil and fuel levels
- Ensure proper positioning of your mirros
- Check to make sure cables aren't worn
- Make sure the chain is properly lubed
- Complete a rider safety course
- Purchase a high quality helmet and jacket
- Wear non-slip gloves and boots
If, despite your best efforts to remain safe on your motorcycle, you suffer a personal injury on your bike, call Givens Givens Sparks for a free consultation.